We always come across this saying in media that dark chocolate is healthy and it is a superfood and that it contains antioxidants. But the question is that all? Dark chocolate is a very fascinating concept to all.
Almost everyone likes to have it. Chocolate makes us feel good. It tastes good. But it is also a portion of healthy food. But just like other foods, we know that the closer we get to the source the healthier the food is. So in the case of chocolates, the concept is the same. Dark chocolates are way healthier than processed chocolates with added sugars. Actually chocolate comes from cocoa beans. And this cocoa beans comes from the pods of the fruit that grows on the cacao or cocoa tree. After the fermentation of these beans, they are dried and are used to create chocolate. In the process, during fermentation, most of the flavors of chocolate come but not all of them. This is the reason why every chocolate tastes different though despite being from the same species of chocolate.
Some scientifically proven benefits of Dark Chocolate.
We have heard this many times that dark chocolate are beneficial for our health and it doesn’t have health effects that we always consider while having any kinds of chocolate. Now the question is this facts all proven or a myth? Let’s find out.
- Prevention of heart-related illness: Having dark chocolate can decrease the risk of having a heart attack by 37%. Decrease your probability of stroke by 29%. And decrease your possibilities of having diabetes by 31%.
- Antioxidants: Chocolate contains antioxidants and antioxidants is the key to preventing the formation of plaque inside your It prevents any artery related diseases.
- Promotes pleasure: one of the benefits of chocolate is that it promotes pleasure on an emotional There is actually a chemical reaction that occurs that makes us feel good. And because of this reason we love to give chocolate when it comes to giving something to our loved ones. It doesn't just happen by choice, there is a whole science behind it.
- Increased blood flow to sex organs: Dark chocolate contains L-arginine which is an amino acid and it significantly works as a sex enhancer by increasing nitric oxide and blood flow in sex organ which on the other hand increases sensation, satisfaction, and It also contains a chemical called PEA that is Phenylethylamine which enhances production of neurotransmitter dopamine which enhances the feeling of well-being joy and pleasure.
- Increases brain power: Cocoa is rich in anti-oxidant called flavanols which dilate blood vessels allowing more oxygen and blood to the brain. The antioxidant reduces inflammation throughout the body.
This particular aspect helps in preventing heart disease, stroke, cancer, aging, and many other conditions. The flavanols also enhance visual performances like detecting motion and reading low contrast likely due to the increased blood flow to the retina and brain.
Nutrients contained in Dark Chocolate.
There are several nutrients contained in dark chocolate that enhances our health and mood. If we are considering a 100-gram bar of dark chocolate containing 70-85% of cocoa, then following is the nutrient contains it:
- Fiber- 11 grams.
- Iron- 67% of the RDI.
- Magnesium- 58% of the RDI.
- Copper- 89% of the RDI.
- Manganese- 98% of the RDI.
- And a plenty amount of potassium, phosphorus, zinc, and selenium.
How Dark Chocolate does enhance your health and fitness?
Dark chocolates have always been the best way to health and fitness because it doesn't require extra efforts to make it a healthy snack. And moreover, people of any age loves dark chocolate. Dark chocolate works as a mood enhancer for a lot of people and it also helps in your health problems in a pleasurable way. Here are some benefits of dark chocolates:
- Mood Enhancer: It has the potential to make you happy not only because it tastes good but also because of an amino acid that is used in the brain to make serotonin which is a neurotransmitter that enhances our mood and make us feel happy. This, in turn, keeps you happy and motivated and this helps you to maintain your health. Everyone is known to this fact that if your mood is fine, you are likely to be health conscious.
- Keeps you away from heart disease: As dark chocolates are enriched with cocoa and are considered as antioxidants, it helps in preventing all kinds of heart And also reduces the chance of having a stroke, cancer, and fast aging.
- Keeps your brain fit: Dark chocolate enhances brain It empowers your brain and keeps your brain sharp and alert all the time and keeps you away from dementia.
- Helps lower blood pressure: Dark chocolates contain flavonoids which is a plant-based antioxidant found in the cocoa beans and it is one of the biggest reasons why dark chocolate is good for Antioxidants to help lower blood pressure.
- Dark chocolate is very nutritious: The chocolate in cocoa comes from the seed of the cacao tree, which is very rich in This helps our health and fitness altogether as it is full of nutrition.
- Improves eyesight: Dark chocolate contains flavanols, which enhances cognitive This, as a result, helps in better eyesight and better enhancement of things. This is very beneficial for elderly people as they tend to lose their proper eyesight with their growing age.
ASAP bars are enriched with dark chocolate that not only enhances their taste but also increases its nutritional value. Dark chocolate has countless health benefits that are very essential for the day to day life.
ASAP bars get their excellent flavors from this ingredient, and ASAP Almond & Dark Chocolate Granola Bar is one of best-selling granola bar from our collections. Dark chocolate acts as an overall enhancer in quality and taste for the ASAP bars.