Milk powdered is basically dried milk which is a dairy product made by evaporating milk to a certain level where it dries off and turn into powder-like form. Powdered milk can be preserved for much longer time interval than liquid milk as it has much more shelf life than liquid milk. Even it doesn't need to be kept in a refrigerator as it has a lower moisture content that makes it ideal for long time usage.
Milk powder is generally used for mainly food and nutrition purposes. It is used in making many Indian desserts. This ingredient famous across the world and are used on huge chunk especially in India. Milk powder is also used as a saturation agent in biotechnology.
The nutrients contained in any dairy product is very high and have tons of benefits for our system. Here we are considering 100 grams powdered milk:
Total fat: 27 gram with a daily value of 41%.
- Saturated fat- 17 gram with a daily value of 85%.
- Polyunsaturated fat- 0.7
- Monounsaturated fat- 8 gram.
Cholesterol: 97 mg with a daily value of 32%.
Sodium: 371 mg with a daily value of 15%.
Potassium: 1,330 mg with a daily value of 38%.
Total carbohydrates: 38 gram with a daily value of 12%.
- Dietary fiber- 0 gram with a daily value of 0%.
- Sugar- 38
Protein: 26 gram with a daily value of 52%.
- Vitamin A- 18%.
- Calcium- 91%.
- Vitamin D- 5%.
- Cobalamin- 55%.
- Vitamin C- 14%.
- Iron- 2%.
- Vitamin B-6 – 15%.
- Magnesium- 21%.
Scientifically proven health benefits of Milk Powder.
Powder milked is packed with all kinds of nutrients that makes it highly beneficial for health. Some of the health benefits are:
- Enhances bone health: As milk is considered to be a rich source of calcium. And it is a known fact that calcium is very essential for bone health. It is also a rich source of Vitamin D which too promotes bone health and helps in preventing osteoporosis.
- Enhances heart health: Milk is a rich source of potassium that helps in reducing blood pressure and in enhancing vasodilation. Studies show that daily intake of the recommended potassium amount reduces death by heart diseases by 49%.
- Prevents cancer: Milk contains Vitamin D that enhances cell growth regulation and gives proper protection against cancer. Many studies have shown that there is a huge risk of dying from colorectal cancer in places which are deprived of sunlight. So in these cases, milk can be a perfect alternative for vitamin D
- Helps in depression: Milk provides with an adequate amount of vitamin D that helps in supporting the levels of a hormone namely Serotonin that is associated with moods, appetite, and sleep. Deficiency of vitamin D often leads to depression, chronic fatigues, and extreme PMS.
ASAP bars are an excellent source of nutrition. Every kind of nutrition that is essential for our body is carefully packed in every bit in these bars. ASAP bars gets its essential vitamins and minerals from milk powder that is added to it.