Honey is that ingredient that is popular among every individual across the globe. Honey has tons of health benefits. Honey is actually an adherent food substance that has a sweet taste. Honey is produced by bees and other insects that are related. Honey is actually produced from the sugary secretions of floral nectar or sometimes it is even secreted from other insects like honeydew. This is done by regurgitation, water evaporation, and enzymatic activity.
Over the years honey has been used for a different purpose. It is used as a food, used for fermentation of beverages, used as major and minor ingredients in different desserts and sweets, used in chocolate bars, etc.
Honey has many medicinal benefits that make it one of the healthiest ingredients. Here we are considering the nutritional value of 100 grams of honey:
Energy- 1,272kJ (304kcal). Carbohydrates-82.4 gram.
- Sugars- 82.12 gram
- Dietary Fiber- 0.2 gram
Fat- 0 gram
Protein- 0.3 gram.
- Riboflavin (B2) - 0.038 mg with a daily value of 3%.
- Niacin (B3) - 0.121 mg with a daily value of 1%.
- Pantothenic acid (B5) - 0.068 mg with a daily value of 1%.
- Vitamin B6- 0.024 mg with a daily value o0f 2%.
- Folate (B9) - 2 mg with a daily value of 1%.
- Vitamin C- 0.5 mg with a daily value of 1%.
- Calcium- 6 mg with a daily value of 1%.
- Iron- 0.42 mg with a daily value of 3%.
- Magnesium- 2 mg with a daily value of 1%.
- Phosphorous- 4 mg with a daily value of 1%.
- Potassium- 52 mg with a daily value of 1%.
- Sodium- 4 mg with a daily value of 0%.
- Zinc- 0.22 mg with a daily value of 2%.
Scientifically proven benefits of honey that enhance your health and fitness.
There are several proven benefits of honey. Some of them are:
- Helps in healing wounds and burns- Over the years many researchers have shown that honey has a positive effect on wounds and burns. A recent review that was posted in The Cochrane Library clearly determined that honey can fairly heal burns.
- Reduces diarrhea- Honey promotes a great deal of potassium and water intakes that help in reducing the severity of diarrhea. Many kinds of research have shown many proven facts on such.
- Prevents Acid reflux- Honey can subsequently help in reducing the upward direction flow of acids and undigested foods in the stomach by properly framing the stomach and the esophagus.
- Helps in weight loss- Honey forms the healthy alternatives of all the sugary elements and also forms an alternative for raw granulated sugar. Honey helps in a significant weight loss and also builds your immune system.
ASAP bars get their sugary taste from the honey that is included in the composition of these bars. This not gives an adhesive feel and taste to these bars but also increases the nutritional value of these bars.