Butter is a very common ingredient and it is used in almost every food we cook or bake. Butter is one of the popular ingredients across the globe. Butter has been here for a long time now, starting from the middle age time butter has always been the star ingredient that brings out that creamy flavor and at the same time adds texture to the food. This is actually a dairy product with high contents of fats. It is in the solid form when kept in a chilled atmosphere but eventually liquefies when brought in room temperature.
The process of making butter involves churning of fresh or fermented milk or cream to carefully segregate the butterfat from the buttermilk. Butter is used for various purposes. Sometimes it is used simply as a spread for the bread, and sometimes as a condiment for cooked foods and vegetables. It consists of three elements in its composition, i.e. milk proteins and water, butterfat and sometimes it added an amount of salt.
Butter has high contents of calorie as well as nutrients. Here we are considering 14.2 gran of butter that is 1 US tablespoon of butter:
Energy- 101.8 kcal (426kJ). Carbohydrates- 0.01 gram.
- Sugars- 0.01
Fats- 11.52 gram.
- Saturated fat- 7.294
- Trans fat- 0.465
- Monounsaturated fat- 2.985
- Polyunsaturated fat- 0.432
Protein- 0.12 gram. Vitamins
- Vitamin A- 355 IU
- Vitamin B12- 0.024 mg with a daily value of 1%.
- Vitamin E- 0.33 mg with a daily value of 2%.
- Vitamin K- 0.99 mg with a daily value of 1%.
Cholesterol- 30.5 mg.
Scientifically proven health benefits of butter.
Butter has always been blamed for heart disease due to its high contents of saturated fat. However, Butter has a wide range of health benefits when taken in moderation. Some of the benefits are:
- Boosts the immune system: Butter contains fatty acids which are antimicrobial that helps in growing immune system and strengthening it. It also consists of lauric acid that helps in treating fungal and bacterial infections.
- Maintains gastrointestinal health: Butter has glycosphingolipids contained in its composition. This is a variety of fat that helps in treating a gastrointestinal infection that mostly occurs in children and senior citizens.
- Manages weight: It is surprising that butter contains high amounts of calories still it can help us in maintaining our weight. But we need to consider this that the calorie contains in butter are good calories and doesn't affect the body in a bad way. There fatty acids contained in butter which don't even need to be broken by our gut, it naturally absorbs to our body.
- Helps in optimal growth and development: Butter contains Vitamin A that is very essential for the proper growth of children. Vitamin A helps in the growth of intimate organs, healthy bones, and also helps in developing the brain and the nervous system.
ASAP bars are an excellent choice of healthy chocolate bars. It is ideal for any age group of the civilian. It gets it excellent flavor and taste from butter that is carefully added into these bars.